Hi, I’m Harriet Green. Thanks for perusing this website!
As I continue to learn to love living life and work to the full, I am focusing on world-class Boards as a director and executive chair, mentoring and business coaching plus driving major global initiatives of purpose & impact.
I am currently Executive Chair and Founding Trustee for the impact start-up, Mission Beyond. I am on the Advisory Council for King’s College London Business School, and an Ambassador for Every Child Needs a Mentor. I have also founded Academies for Our Young with Potential, starting with the Lost Girls of Covid Schools in Thailand.
Leaving Singapore in early 2020, to spend special time with my family, I concluded my 2-year role as Chair & CEO, Asia Pacific at IBM, where I was responsible for driving change and leading some of IBM’s highest priority and most strategic business initiatives across 15 countries.
I recently completed a 2-year board role for Singapore Economic Development (EDB), ended a 9-year service to the world-class Board of FTSE 100 BAE Systems and concluded eight years on the Emerson Electric main Board.
From 2015-2017, I was the leader and founder of the IBM startup Watson Internet of Things and then added the Cognitive Commerce and Education portfolios.
From 2012-2014 I was CEO of the Thomas Cook Group, leading the global transformation and rebranding of the leisure travel company.
My early career in the electronics industry, for which I received my OBE in 2010, included leading businesses across Europe, the US, and Asia. I was managing director of Macro Group aged 29, and then appointed VP marketing Arrow Europe 1994 and president of the Asia/Pacific sector of Arrow Electronics from 2002 to 2006. I was chief executive officer of Premier Farnell, a global electronics distribution business, from 2006 until 2012.
Honours and Awards
- – LinkedIn Top Voice 2019 to 2022 – Top Ten Influencers in the UK to follow
- – HERoes Hall of Fame in 2020, after being consecutively listed for three years on the HERoes champion of women list
- – One of Fortune’s most powerful women internationally in 2019
- – LinkedIn Influencer, since 2019
- – Kings College London – Wall of Fame, since 2019
- – Fast Company top 100 most creative people in business, 2017
- – Women in Technology Hall of Fame, 2016
- – Veuve Cliquot Businesswoman of the year, 2013
- – National Business Awards Leader of the Year 2013
- – OBE for services to electronics, 2010