Hi, I’m Harriet Green. Thanks for perusing this website!
As I continue to learn to love living life and work to the full, I am focusing on world-class Boards as a director and executive chair, mentoring and business coaching plus driving major global initiatives of purpose & impact.
I am currently Executive Chair and Founding Trustee for the impact start-up, Mission Beyond. I am an Advisory Board Member for digital consultancy Red Badger, on the Advisory Council for King’s College London Business School, and an Ambassador for Every Child Needs a Mentor.
Leaving Singapore in early 2020, to spend special time with my family, I concluded my 2-year role as Chair & CEO, Asia Pacific at IBM, where I was responsible for driving change and leading some of IBM’s highest priority and most strategic business initiatives across 15 countries.
I recently completed a 2-year board role for Singapore Economic Development (EDB), ended a 9-year service to the world-class Board of FTSE 100 BAE Systems and concluded eight years on the Emerson Electric main Board.
From 2015-2017, I was the leader and founder of the IBM startup Watson Internet of Things and then added the Cognitive Commerce and Education portfolios.
From 2012-2014 I was CEO of the Thomas Cook Group, leading the global transformation and rebranding of the leisure travel company.
My early career in the electronics industry, for which I received my OBE in 2010, included leading businesses across Europe, the US, and Asia. I was managing director of Macro Group aged 29, and then appointed VP marketing Arrow Europe 1994 and president of the Asia/Pacific sector of Arrow Electronics from 2002 to 2006. I was chief executive officer of Premier Farnell, a global electronics distribution business, from 2006 until 2012.
Honours and Awards
- – LinkedIn Top Voice 2020 – Top Ten Influencers in the UK to follow
- – HERoes Hall of Fame in 2020, after being consecutively listed for three years on the HERoes champion of women list
- – One of Fortune’s most powerful women internationally in 2019
- – LinkedIn Influencer, since 2019
- – Kings College London – Wall of Fame, since 2019
- – Fast Company top 100 most creative people in business, 2017
- – Women in Technology Hall of Fame, 2016
- – Veuve Cliquot Businesswoman of the year, 2013
- – National Business Awards Leader of the Year 2013
- – OBE for services to electronics, 2010