Even for the most resilient, the events taking place across the world right now are having a huge impact on wellbeing & mental health.
All of us, from well-known fitness gurus and CEOs, are struggling some days to make sense of it all and ourselves.
I thought it might be helpful to share some of my experiences and actions as I try to be the best most stable version of me I can be!
– indulge in my hobbies; read & read all my comfort books again! Winnie the Pooh is making a comeback!
– learning more about my new hobbies, joining a community of assistant beekeepers even though I find them very daunting in their vast knowledge!
– connecting online with the many different art clubs to fulfil my desire to continue appreciating art when I can’t visit galleries
– I’ve delivered pots of our honey up and down the street to say ‘Hi’ and share (not least because our bees collected pollen most likely from our neighbours gardens). The chats that ensue are just wonderful and uplifting for me, and I hope others!
– used social media to make many new connections, and to help mentor and support individuals who have expressed a specific need during lockdown to discuss their future careers and gain some extra business coaching
How are you looking after yourself and others?