As I join with you all in the UK on this National Day of Reflection after a year of lockdown, I have a few thoughts and, as always, welcome yours.
First, I was v struck by this Fast Company Article “You are not the person you were before the pandemic”
• I am so so grateful to the great everyday people on the extensive front line of this pandemic for all you’ve given, the sacrifice and the loss
• My heart reaches out to all those who have loved, lost and feel guilty for now living and many alone and sad
• I am fortunate and thankful that I have managed, I think, to design a new life and grieve in only a small part for the old one
• Very soon I believe I will wake and go the entire day without thinking about the pandemic and the pain endured by others through it
• I will notice someone wearing a face mask for the first time in a long while and be jarred into gratitude and reflection
And I will never unlearn the things I know about myself, how I handle an intense vortex of change and what I can withstand.
On the whole, I think we will be OK, the human spirit is designed to rise & I need to make more I do count.